This course is
designed to help you understand the core concepts of Apache Maven and get you started
on writing build automation scripts independently using it.
You start with Maven installation and learn to make some customizations to it.
Then you create a
simple hello world java project automatically using Maven commands and with the help of
this simple project you would learn various things that make Maven the de-facto
standard that it is today.
You will also learn to
- Download and install Apache Maven
- Make use of Maven’s central repository
- Understand concepts of Maven plugins, Maven dependencies, Maven lifecycles, Maven Project Coordinates, Maven goals
- Create a webapp automatically, using maven quick-start commands,
- Run code checks using Maven plugins
- Run automated tests using JUnit plugins for Apache Maven
- Create multi-module java projects using Maven
- Finally deploy to a web server like Tomcat – all using Maven.
- Auto-generate great documentation for your project using maven site lifecycle.
The course is focused on getting you started real fast on Maven with lots of hands-on.
To top it off, you
would be learning all these Maven concepts and implementing them on Eclipse IDE that
is free, open source and easy to use.
The theory is kept crisp and is always accompanied with hands on in order to make the course more engaging.