Aspen HYSYS – Petroleum Assays and Oil Characterization
This is course on Plant Simulation will show you how to setup hypothetical compounds, oil assays, blends, and petroleum characterization using the Oil Manager of Aspen HYSYS.
You will learn about:
- Hypothetical Compounds (Hypos)
- Estimation of hypo compound data
- Models via Chemical Structure UNIFAC Component Builder
- Basis conversion/cloning of existing components
- Input of Petroleum Assay and Crude Oils
- Typical Bulk Properties (Molar Weight, Density, Viscosity)
- Distillation curves such as TBP (Total Boiling Point)
- ASTM (D86, D1160, D86-D1160, D2887)
- Light End
- Oil Characterization
- Using the Petroleum Assay Manager or the Oil Manager
- Importing Assays: Existing Database
- Creating Assays: Manually / Model
- Cutting: Pseudocomponent generation
- Blending of crude oils
- Installing oils into Aspen HYSYS flowsheets
- Getting Results (Plots, Graphs, Tables)
- Property and Composition Tables
- Distribution Plot (Off Gas, Light Short Run, Naphtha, Kerosene, Light Diesel, Heavy Diesel, Gasoil, Residue)
- Oil Properties
- Boiling Point Curves
- Viscosity, Density, Molecular Weight Curves
This is helpful for students, teachers, engineers and researchers in the area of R&D, specially those in the Oil and Gas or Petroleum Refining industry.
This is a “workshop-based” course, there is about 25% theory and about 75% work!
At the end of the course you will be able to handle crude oils for your fractionation, refining, petrochemical process simulations!
Oil Manager: Step 1 - Input Data Assay
Oil Manager: Step 2 - Cutting and Blending
Oil Manager: Step 3 - Installing the Oil
Results: Charts, Graphs, Tables
Study Case - Fractional Distillation of Crude Oil
Bonus & Surprises!
Here is a list of some coupons you might find useful!
INTRODUCTORY COURSES (FREE for my students)
BASIC COURSES (SPECIAL DISCOUNT for my students)
SPECIALTY COURSES (SPECIAL DISCOUNT for my students)