Beginner’s Guide to WordPress SEO
What makes our videos different? Our goal for this series was to create comprehensive and thorough, yet easy-to-understand, videos that teach you the fundamental aspects of WordPress SEO. Each step-by-step video tutorial was created with precision, resulting in highly-efficient and incredibly entertaining content that will guide you through the process of increasing your WordPress website’s ranking in search engines.
What you’ll learn:
- How search engines work, including the primary functions of search engines, how they scan and index information on the web, and how they provide search patrons with relevant listings
- How to setup permalinks for better structured, SEO-friendly web page URLs
- What is link juice and how to effectively interlink pages and posts
- WordPress resources and best-practices for increasing the security of your site and protecting it against hacks.
- Introduction to CDNs and how to use one to improve website speed and performance, resulting in an overall positive impact on SEO.
- Image optimization best-practices for WordPress SEO: file types, size and dimensions, file names, and image attributes
- How to create quality, relevant, and fresh content that search engines want to see
- How to use Yoast SEO, the #1 rated WordPress plugin for SEO. I have a dedication section that includes a mini-series with videos that cover each important subpanel menu of the Yoast SEO plugin.
What you’ll get:
- Lifetime access to 2 hours of highly-entertaining, graphic-rich video content that guide you through the most important steps for improving your SEO ranking
- A comprehensive course on how to configure and use the Yoast SEO Plugin, the #1 ranked SEO plugin for WordPress
Introduction to WordPress SEO
In this video, we discuss how search engines work, more specifically the primary functions of search engines, such as how they scan and index information on the web and provide search patrons with the most relevant listings based on their request.
Configuring WordPress General Settings for SEO
WordPress comes with the option to hide your website from search engine spiders (and their ability to index your website) in the case that you want to make changes to your site before releasing it to the public. In this video, we show you how to check to make sure your WordPress settings are properly configured so that your site will be visible to search engines and properly indexed.
In this video, we discuss the importance of preferred domains and show you how to set a preferred domain for your website from within the WordPress Settings screen.
One of the first steps in optimizing your WordPress site is creating SEO-friendly URLs. We can do this by changing the default permalink structure from within the WordPress admin area.
WordPress SEO Best Practices
Security and Performance
Yoast SEO Plugin
In this video, we explore the Yoast SEO Dashboard. The Yoast SEO plugin features a dashboard that informs us if it detected any serious SEO problems. It also includes a notification center with specific details on those items that need attention and in most cases, provides us with specific recommendations on how to resolve the issue.
The Yoast SEO plugin has a content and SEO analysis feature that is baked into the WordPress Page and Post Editor. This tool provides us with a detailed list of very important content-related and SEO-related factors that impact both the readability of our content and its ranking in search engines.
In this video, we cover the Titles and Metas panel of the Yoast SEO plugin, which allows us to configure the title and meta description settings for our WordPress pages and posts. This is an incredibly valuable resource for creating accurate, relevant, and most importantly, effective titles and meta descriptions for search patrons to see in the search engine's results page.
In this video, we’ll configure the social settings in the Yoast SEO plugin. Setting up the social settings will inform search engines which social media profiles are associated with our WordPress website. In addition, we will also explore the Yoast SEO plugin's social tab that is featured in the WordPress Post Editor, which allows us to preview what our following will see when sharing our article on Facebook or Twitter. From this tab, we can customize our featured image, title, and description.