Building a Successful Agile Programme in Financial Services
Agile Capital Consulting - experts in agile success (Michael Cheung & Edmund Lawrence)
Understand how to implement Agile methodology in a regulated environment, like the bank.
- There are no specific requirements that one has to fulfil in order to sign up for the course. It is designed for beginners and intermediate Scrum Team members in mind but will be a perfect fit for those with basic understanding of Agile methodology and wants to enhance their understanding in successfully implementing agile methodology in a regulated environment, like the bank. The course can also serve as an introduction to agile in general because it covers all basic concepts and key documents to be produced at various stages in the Agile journey.
- Are you a business analyst, project manager or a member of a scrum team who is frustrated in learning only theories of Agile without a case study for explanation?
- Are you looking to understand how to implement Agile methodology in a regulated environment, like the bank?
- Are you interested to understand in details the key concepts of Agile and all the necessary documents required to be produced during an Agile implementation?
If your answer is Yes to any of the above questions, then this course is for you.
In this course you will learn:
- What is Agile?
- Why Agile in Financial services and its benefits.
- The Agile Wheel – designed by the authors.
- An overview and fundamentals of Agile
- Understand the roles in an Agile Team
- Understand how to start an Agile project
- Understand the various phases within the Agile journey
- Understand the various artifacts/documents that are needed for each phase of the Agile journey
- Understand the various Scrum ceremonies and their expectations.
- Understand how to build a product backlog using the case study
- Understand how to write Epics, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, & Definition of Done using a case study to explain.
- How to perform estimation, prioritization, define your Minimum Viable Product (MVP) using the case study.
- Business Analysts interested in understanding how to implement Agile in financial services.
- Project Managers interested in understanding how to implement Agile in financial services.
- Scrum masters who need to broaden their understanding in implementing Agile in a less flexible environment.
- Product Owners/Accountable Executive who need to have a good understanding of the Agile lifecycle and all artifacts/documents that are required in each Agile Phases.
- Anyone who is interested in understanding how Agile can be successfully implemented.
What is Agile? – Demystifying Agile
What is Agile?
Why Agile in Financial Services?
Benefits of Agile
Background – Case Study
Agile Inception - Part One
Agile Inception - Part Two
Roles and Responsibilities
London Bank Agile Delivery Framework (LBADF)
Generate & Assess an Idea
Assess Ideas – Applying the Case Study
Presenting two banking ideas
The Project Vision
The High Level Solution
Release Test Strategy
Building the Product Backlog
Epics, User stories, Acceptance criteria & ‘Definition of Done’
INVEST Model for writing user stories
Epics, User stories & Acceptance criteria: Applying the Case Study
Applying the Case Study: Epic 1
Applying the Case Study: Epic 2
Estimation – Case Study
Defining your MVP
Agile Release Planning
The Sprint Backlog
Sprint Planning – Part 1 - What
Sprint Planning - How
Visualisation and collaboration
Visualisation and collaboration - The Three Amigos
Visualisation and collaboration -3Cs
Agile Transition – Transition process
You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!