Childbirth and Postpartum: The New Dad’s Guide
You’re going to be a dad! Congratulations!
Now what? You want to be helpful and involved, but you aren’t sure how.
It’s easier than you think! This course breaks it down for you. From pregnancy, through birth and postpartum, you’ll learn what a woman wants and needs from her partner:
- Techniques to practice and enjoy during pregnancy for an easier birth;
- Strategies and tools for the birth room to keep her feeling comfortable and protected;
- How to set yourselves up for a gentle, joyful postpartum;
- How to re-establish intimacy after baby;
- How to relax and enjoy the ride through it all.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
- Relaxation techniques that make her instantly more comfortable during labor;
- Fun, easy massage that turns on her endorphins, so she feels good, anytime, anywhere;
- How to “set the mood” for optimal sex-hormone release during birth;
- Why – this once – you should do all the talking;
- What you all really need postpartum and how to get it;
- “Magic words” that bring you close again after baby (and ever after).
Through video lessons, quizzes and action plans, this course gives you the information, strategies and skills you need to rock birth and postpartum.
- What does this course include?
- Two hours of video lessons;
- Lecture notes for a succinct summary of the video content;
- Quizzes to make sure you understood the key points;
- Action plans for each section to help you make use of the material;
- An engaged, experienced instructor who will answer your questions.
Who is the target audience? This course is designed for first time expectant dads.
- What are the requirements? You’ll need only an internet connection and a speaker or headphones.
What does a birthing mother and new mother need most from her partner?
The guiding principle for how to support both a birthing mother and a new mother: support her hormones.
Make sure you've got the key concept with this quiz.
How to Support Her During Labor and Birth
Got birth companion skills? Let's find out.
How to Support Her Postpartum
What are the keys to postpartum thriving?
Magic Words That Defuse Tension and Open Healthy Communication
Let's make sure you got the key points of postpartum communication.