Containerization with Docker and Kubernetes in Azure
From handling versioning efficiently, to enhancing security and portability, technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes have greatly benefitted application development and cloud deployments. Microsoft offers excellent containerization services with its Azure Container Services, and also supports both Docker and Kubernetes.
The course focuses on application containerization using a combination of the dynamic duo, Docker and Kubernetes. It will show you how to get hands-on and take advantage of these two tools, alongside Azure Container Services, and improve the configuration and deployment of your applications on Azure Cloud.
By the end of this course, you’ll learn all about Docker and Kubernetes and will be able to configure, manage, and deploy applications on Azure Cloud.
About the Author
Karl Ots is a cloud and cybersecurity consultant, as well as an inventor, author, and international speaker, with a broad range of deep Azure expertise. He believes that cloud technologies are the key to successful digital transformation. He applies his passion and expertise to his work as a Managing Consultant at Zure. With professional experience in the technology field since 2007, Karl has been working with Microsoft Azure since 2011 in a variety of forums ranging from deep customer engagements to speaking at large conferences such as Microsoft Ignite. Karl is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in Azure, a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and holds the highest level MCSD and MCSE Azure certifications. Karl is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
This video provides an overview of the entire course.
In this video, you will learn why you should care about containers, container orchestration, and Azure Cloud.
• Explore the benefits of containers
• Learn the benefits of container orchestration
• Get to know the benefits of Microsoft Azure
In this video, you will see an end-to-end demo of containers, container orchestration, and Azure Cloud.
• Create a managed Kubernetes cluster to Azure
• Deploy a containerized application on the said cluster
• Update the application without affecting the users
In this video, you will install and configure the tools needed to work with containerized applications in Microsoft Azure.
• Install Docker CE
• Install Azure CLI and kubectl
• Install Visual Studio Code
Your First Containerized Application in Azure
In this video, we’ll do a quick review of what containers are.
• Explore more about containers
• Learn the relationship between containers and virtual machines
• Know the containers’ relationship with Docker
Learn to spin up your first containerized application in Microsoft Azure.
• Get introduced to Azure container instances
The aim of this video is to create your first Dockerfile.
• Get introduced to Dockerfiles
• Learn the container lifecycle from Dockerfile to running in a Docker container
The aim of this video is to learn how to secure your Docker images in Azure Container Registry.
• Get introduced to Azure Container Registry
• Demonstration on creating Azure Container Registry
With this video, explore the options for hosting containers in Microsoft Azure.
• Get to know about Serverless
• Learn about Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
• Learn about Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
Deploy and Manage Kubernetes in Microsoft Azure
In this video, we’ll do a quick review of container orchestration.
• Explore container orchestration
• Know why it matters
• Learn about Kubernetes
Learn to choose between managed and unmanaged Kubernetes-as-a-service provided by Microsoft Azure.
• Look at the Azure Container Services
• Learn in detail about Azure Container Service Engine (ACSE)
The aim of this video is to dive deeper into the Azure Kubernetes Service, a managed Kubernetes-as-a-service offering from Microsoft Azure.
• Demonstrate the Azure Kubernetes Service
In this video, you will learn how to deploy and configure AKS.
• Learn AKS deployment
• Learn the deployment configuration
In this video, you will learn how perform management operations on your Azure Kubernetes Service.
• Perform AKS management operations
• Learn Kubernetes management operations
Deploy Your Application to Kubernetes
Learn how to define an application using Visual Studio Code.
• Study the Kubernetes application lifecycle
• Learn the Kubernetes application manifests
• Demo application
In this video, you will learn how to deploy your application to the Azure Kubernetes Service using kubectl.
• Learn about the kubectl apply command
• Deploy services to AKS
• Expose Kubernetes services using Azure Load Balancer
Learn to manage, scale, and upgrade your application without downtime.
• Explore vertical and horizontal scaling
• Learn about manual scaling and autoscaling
• Upgrade Kubernetes deployments
Considerations for Scale
In this video, you will learn how to automate your containerized application deployment with Azure DevOps!
• Learn about Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
• Explore Azure DevOps
• Learn the container release automation workflow
In this video, you will learn how to manage Kubernetes application complexity with Helm.
• Learn more about Helm
• Install Helm
• Install applications from Helm repositories
In this video, you will learn how to fully customize AKS using Azure Container Service Engine.
• Explore the features of Azure Container Service Engine
• Install Azure Container Service Engine
• Use Azure Container Service Engine