Create Jekyll blog and host it on Github like a Ninja
We will convert a static HTML5 website into a dynamic blog using Jekyll, which is a Ruby gem. You dont have to know ruby programming, only basic HTML/CSS knowledge is needed. You will also learn how to connect domain name to your website and how to host website on Github for free. Jekyll is faster than WordPress and easier to learn.
- Learn How to Host Free Unlimited Static Websites
- Learn how to create your Content Management System
- Use Github as your free hosting server
- We will also create email capture pages, contact page.
- Sick of dealing with hosting companies? We will learn how to use Github as our free hosting to run our Jekyll powered blog.
- Connect custom domain names to your website
- Search Engine Optimization for our Blog
If you face any queries don’t forget to write me at `firstname.lastname@example.org` or post question at forum.
Introduction and overview
Our website preview and course overview
Tools required to run Jekyll locally
The basic static website, and commiting to our Github repository. We will convert this statuc website into Jekyll blog in next lectures.
I will show you hot to connect your .COM, .NET, etc domain name (which you can buy from Godaddy or 1on1 Domain registrar) to your free Github.com account.You can even use this method to host any HTML5 website.
This quiz tests your knowledge about basic html and jekyll
Creating Jekyll Blog
Separating header and footer section into separate files. As well add jekyll folders.
Creating nav page and looping through all site pages to add them automatically into our navigation.
Creating dynamic blog posts/entries pages, but we will learn how to fix dynamic images and titles in next video.
Let your users contact you with a form.
Blog page paginations (Next and previous buttons)
Every website needs Search Engine Optimization, our HTML5 markup is good but lets add something more.