Develop Competitive Plugins for WordPress and WooCommerce
*** This course is new, we will work with WordPress 4.7+ and WooCommerce 2.0 to 3.0 ***
Do you want to create succesfull WordPress and WooCommerce plugins?
Then this course is for you.
You will learn how to create WordPress plugins and WooCommerce extensions the easy way.
We will start with a “Hello World” example and build our way up to real world plugins.
In fact, I’m a plugin author on CodeCanyon and have many years of experience with WordPress and WooCommerce.
I’ll share lots of useful insights and tricks which I have learned through my career.
We will discuss all the facets of plugin development. We will:
- install WordPress and WooCommerce on localhost in a standard and recommended way for plugin development,
- start with basic and simple subjects first and then build our way up,
- build a Scroll To Top Button plugin with admin settings as well,
- build a lite version of the successful and competitive plugin WooCommerce Free Gift,
- show how to upload our plugins to the official WordPress listing and to CodeCanyon.
- discuss the plugin localization process.
Introduction to the course.
Installing WordPress on localhost by means of XAMPP. Configuring XAMPP, PHP, Apache and mail settings.
Creating Our First WordPress Plugin
Creating a "Hello World" plugin and learning how to use the WordPress hook system efficiently.
Learning the WordPress Coding Standards.
Creating a Plugin With Admin Settings
Learn how to add admin settings to the plugin.
We will finalize the plugin and show the plugin upload process.
Creating plugins for WooCommerce
Introduction to WooCommerce, basic setup and advices how to create successful extensions.
"Hello World" WooCommerce extension which can be used as a template for your new WooCommerce extensions.
We will develop a LITE version of a competitive and successful plugin WooCommerce Free Gift.
I will give advices on how to prepare your plugins for the upload process on CodeCanyon.
Here I will gradually present additional material and updates.