DevOps CI CD with Jenkins
DevOps CI CD using Jenkins, Git and ANT!
This course will teach you DevOps concepts of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, with emphasis on Jenkins, Git and ANT build automation.
It has been designed so that you would first get a conceptual understanding of what is DevOps and terms like Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and their differences before getting hands on with the software.
After that you would be guided through
- Jenkins installation
- Jenkins set up
- Jenkins UI walkthrough
- Building your own simple Jenkins hello-world job
- Understand differences between DevOps Continuous Integration, DevOps Continuous Deployment and DevOps Continuous Delivery
- Build a fully functional and complex DevOps CI CD pipeline in Jenkins
- How Jenkins aids in DevOps CI CD process
- Jenkins jobs that integrate with Git source control repository, fetch code, build and deploy artifacts in a fully automated way
- Jenkins distributed architecture with Master and Slave on both Unix and Windows systems
- Generate useful notifications from Jenkins in success/error/failure scenarios
- Basics of Git and ANT build automation scripting, thereby making you ready to implement a complete DevOps CI CD solution from scratch using Jenkins, Git and ANT at your organization.
- The course goes over each of the topics – DevOps, Jenkins, Git, ANT, Distributed builds step by step in sufficient detail and adopts a code/work along method so that students can run scripts/jobs/programs in parallel to the instructor.
The theory has been kept to a minimum and crisp, just enough to get you the context before you start hands on.