How to Acquire a First-Party Property Insurance Policy
This course explains insurance and how a professional can go about acquiring insurance for real and personal property owned by, or in which, the professional has an insurable interest. The course covers what employees, officers, and directors of a corporation need to know to get the insurance needed to protect against the risk of loss of real and personal property.
The course covers the following:
- Insurance and insurable interest.
- That an insurable interest does not require ownership but can be a leasehold interest, an easement, or any other interest where the loss of the property will cause damage to the person acquiring the insurance.
- How to use an insurance agent or broker.
- The difference between an insurance agent and an insurance broker.
- The importance of an insurance application.
- The need to read the policy.
- Hazards of not reading an insurance policy after it is obtained.
Review and Test
Review Questions: Slides: How to acquire a First party property insurance policy
FINAL EXAM: Slides: How to acquire a First party property insurance policy