Linux Bootcamp : Learn Linux Commands, vi, GREP, SED and AWK
Subtitles are available for the first section only. Closed Captioning for rest of the sections is in progress and are available as [Auto-generated].
Linux is a powerful and widely used operating system, it is free and open source software. It can run on wide range of hardware platforms like desktops, servers, mobile devices and even supercomputers. Most of the top companies in the world use Linux servers. Linux is growing very rapidly and demand for Linux talent is on the rise. So acquiring Linux skills can help you land a job and get ahead in your career.
This course is designed for computer users who have limited or no previous knowledge of Linux. If you are complete beginner in Linux or have never worked on command line, then this course is for you. In this course you’ll learn Linux from scratch.
This course will give you a good working knowledge of Linux, especially the command line. The real power of Linux lies in the command line, many complex tasks can be done easily using the command line. So you need to have a solid understanding of the Linux commands, and in this course we’ll explore them in detail. There are in-depth explanations and clear instructions for each topic. First the basic commands are introduced and then we move on to more advanced topics. The topics are presented in a step-wise and easy to understand manner.
What you will learn
Installing Linux using virtual Box
Linux File system
Using Linux Documentation
Commands for Managing Files
Create, copy, move, rename, delete files
Comparing, Sorting, Finding Files
Searching inside files using grep
Translating and deleting characters from a file
What students are saying about this course-
-Great course, I was looking for a course to learn sed and awk. I did not even get into that section yet and I have learnt a ton of how to properly use other commands and how powerful the terminal can be. The instructor is great. She provides good explanations and good examples for each command, and she follows a logical order through the commands that she teaches along the course. Totally recommended.
– Very easy and clear explanation for a novice like me.
– The commands were explained clearly along with examples and multiple scenarios.
– Very very complete & very understandable for me as a old guy. I like this teacher. Everything is well planned & well presented. The explanations are very good. Excellent +++ Super Job!! i would like to take more classes from this teacher
– Very Nice Explanation. No unnecessary things. only subject is present.
– I started this course almost 2 months ago and finished it today. Though I would consider myself at an intermediate level with respect to Linux, this course really exceeded my expectations and I learned quite a bit with certain new concepts viz., awk and sed programming the “cut” command. This is indeed a bootcamp programme and certainly goes in depth. I could understand the instructor very well and she is quite knowledgeable.
– It is thoroughly explained and important parameters are discussed
– Very nice material
– Very well and structured explanations
– So far content and concepts are easy to grasp. The instructor is easy to understand. I am learning a lot.