Mastering Selenium WebDriver 3.X Test Automation
Are you facing an issue where your tests break often for no obvious reason or are you simply interested in learning how to write tests that will withstand the test of time? Are you struggling to figure out the proper way to do test automation with Selenium WebDriver? If so, look no further.
This course will help you learn how to create extremely reliable and stable automation tests with Selenium WebDriver. You’ll learn to design advanced and easy to maintain test automation frameworks with browser factory, Page Object Models, and Selenium Grid from scratch. You’ll utilize the Advanced User Interactions API to quickly spin up a Selenium Grid or run tests on the cloud. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to write Selenium WebDriver tests within minutes!
About the Author
Dmitry Shyshkin is a lead QA automation engineer at FareCompare with 6 years’ test automation experience using Selenium. He has worked in Waterfall and Agile environments, on a desktop, web-based and mobile projects.
He started his QA career without any QA/Testing knowledge. He took online Software QA classes where he learned about different types of testing. On his second job, he learned about test automation for the first time, liked it more than manual testing, and thus decided to move into test automation.
This video provides an overview of the entire course.
The aim of this video is to review different selenium tools.
• Learn Selenium Testing Tools
• Review each tool
This video will help to prepare environment and create first project.
• Install Java and Maven
• Set up Eclipse
• Create first project
The video will configure project to create first test.
• Explore Maven project and pom.xml file
• Configure maven project
• Create first test
The aim of this video is learn the different ways to run test.
• Run test with maven
• Run test with Eclipse TestNG plugin
• Run test from command prompt
Selenium WebDriver Architecture
The aim of this video is to understand Selenium WebDriver and its architecture.
• Study what is Selenium WebDriver
• Understand the Selenium WebDriver architecture
The video explains why WebDriver is an interface.
• Study Selenium WebDriver data flow
• Understand WebDriver is an Interface
• Learn browser Drivers
This video will help Setting up advanced framework to run tests in different browsers.
• Demonstrate BaseTest
• Explore BrowserDriverFactory
• Run tests in different browsers
The aim of this video is to find Page Elements.
• Study page elements
• Demonstrate WebDriver commands to find elements
• Finish basic test
This video will take a walkthrough all WebDriver locators.
• Learn all WebDriver locators
This video will take a walkthrough all possible WebDriver actions on different elements.
• Study all possible WebDriver actions on different elements
Working with Web Elements
The aim of this video is to learn what is and how to use WebElement interface.
• Learn about WebElement interface
• Work on an example using WebElement
This video will demonstrate examples using different locator strategies.
• Explore different locator strategies
• Deploy examples using different locator strategies
• Use XPath
The aim of this video is to interact with different page elements.
• Demonstrate new test scenario
• Interact with different elements
• Select checkboxes and radio buttons
The aim of this video is to learn working with Dropdowns.
• Learn the two types of dropdowns
• Demonstrate using example for selecting from dropdowns
The aim of this video is to learn waits in selenium and using Implicit Wait.
• Study two types of waits in selenium
• Understand when to use waits
• Explore using Implicit Wait
Advanced Selenium Techniques
The aim of this video is to learn how to use Explicit Waits and ExpectedConditions
• Explore Explicit and implicit waits
• Work on an example Using explicit wait
• Get to know about ExpectedConditions with an example
The aim of this video is to learn more about Interacting with alerts
• Interact with alerts
• Deploy New AlertsTest
• Learn TestNG features
This video will take you through the working of new windows and iFrames
• Learn more about Window Handles
• Learn the technique of Switching between windows
• Explore iFrames
The aim of this video is to capture Screenshots with WebDriver
• Learn to add takeScreenshot method
• Understand Apache Commons IO dependency
• How to Improve screenshot names
The aim of this video is to learn about Selenium-Grid, Hub, and Node.
• Study about Selenium-Grid
• Understand a Hub
• Learn about Node
The aim of this video is to set up Selenium Grid.
• Set up new test suite
• Changes in BrowserDriverFactory
The aim of this video is to run tests with Selenium Grid.
• Start grid
• Run tests on grid
• Review results
The aim of this video is to demonstrate automated testing cloud
• Understand automated testing cloud
• Learn about most popular automating testing clouds
• Explore SauceLabs free trial account
The aim of this video is to prepare and run tests on SauceLabs.
• Prepare code to run tests in cloud
• Run tests on Sauce Labs
• Review tests
Advanced Selenium WebDriver
The aim of this video is to create new project.
• New test cases overview
• Create maven project
• Set up project
The aim of this video is to design new tests.
• Design new tests
• Add Test Suites
• Run tests
The aim of this video is to explore Page Object Model.
• Understand Page Object Model
• Learn the advantages of Page Object Model
• Create page objects
The aim of this video is to use Page Object Model to run tests.
• Use page objects in tests
• Run tests with page objects
The aim of this video is to explore Jenkins in Test Automation.
• Understand about Jenkins
• Create test job in Jenkins
• Run tests from Jenkins