Producing A Future Bass Track From Start To Finish Ableton
Producing a Future Bass track from start to finish inspired by artists like Flume, San Holo, Cashmere Cat, Odesza
- Basic understanding of using Ableton (like loading files, creating MIDI clips, loading instruments)
- Ableton Live 9.2 Standard (or higher)
- VST: NI Massive (1.3xx or higher)
- no other 3rd party plugins needed (SERUM would be optional)
The course will take around 5+ hours and walk you through:
- Idea generation (first in Session View, later we switch to Arrangement View)
- Writing powerful Future Bass chords and advanced MIDI writing techniques
- Writing fat and powerful drums
- Writing melodies
- Sound Design (with NI Massive – and optional with Operator and Serum)
- Making vocal chops and glides
- Creating chord slides, glides, pitch effects, LFO shapes and techniques, frequency shiftings
- Filtering, EQing, Vibrato, Envelope shaping
- Layering and sound stacking
- Creating crazy little fills and breaks for huge drops
- Creating Future Bass arpeggios and melodies
- Adding sphere with resampling and reversing sounds
- Creative arrangement (taking your 8 Bar loops and turning them into a full song)
- Mixing: We are completely mixing the track using techniques like “Frequency Masking”, Mid-Side mixing, and many more
- Mastering: in the end we are fully mastering the track with a custom Ableton effect rack chain.
- Bonus: Serum sound designs, more vocal chops, ..
What students say (about our other 2 courses):
- “Fantastic tutorial on composition! I’ll be checking more of your guys stuff out” – Nathan L.
- “I just wanted to send you a small email saying this course really has been a game changer. I have learned so much in such a small time frame. Everything was explained so well I could actually follow what you were saying and copy it to my own music” – Colton M.
- “Actually I’ve been producing for over 6 years and I wanted a fresh perspective on music theory. 10/10 is what I give you guys! Great job, easy to follow – simple explanation. Great work. Thanks. Tom.” – Thomas W.
- “I am overwhelmed by your work. You can tell how much effort and time you spend on each video/track. I just wanted to say thank you for all the tips and tricks you have shown us!”
- “The first course you provided is awesome! Give us a new one 🙂 Love it!” – Woy R.
- “I think your course “Producing a Modern Track from Start to Finish in Ableton” was phenomenal. Please make more courses like this!“ – Eduardo A.
Part 1: Setup & Intro
Part 2: Idea Generation - Session View
Read & Download: No Preset Loaded vs Init Patch
Part 3: Building The Track - Arrangement View
Part 5: Finalizing - Mixing & Mastering
Bonus Videos (soon more)
Ableton Live 9.5 introduced a new version of the Simpler device. In this video we are checking the differences between the Simpler of 9.2 and 9.5