REST API Automation With REST Assured – A Complete Guide
**THE ONLY COURSE WHICH COVERS REST-ASSURED IN DETAIL WITH REAL WORLD. EXAMPLES**
**THE ONLY COURSE WHERE YOUR QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED IN DETAIL WITH 24HOURS**
In the 21st century, almost all web applications use web services to communicate or interact with each other. Most modern day web services are built on Representational state transfer (REST) architecture; REST has gained a lot of popularity and it will continue to do the same due to its simplicity in comparison with other technologies.
It is very important for software QA engineers, automation engineers and software developers to understand the importance of Web Services testing and more importantly how to automate these tests. Automating Application Program Interface (API) tests is critical and crucial for most projects due to the fact that API tests are far more stable, reliable and fast.
In this course, you will be provided with the tools and techniques needed to be successful with REST API automation. We will be focusing on the important topics listed below:
- Introduction to REST Assured, which is a popular open source library used for API test automation. Learn to write tests for GET, POST, PUT, PATCH and DELETE operations using a sample application provided in the course
- Understand and use JSONPath, XML Path (with Groovy syntax) to assert and extract response
- Simplify writing JSONPath by using Root path feature
- Practical examples demonstrating different Rest Assured topics (Request Specification, Response Specification, Logging, Parameters, File Download etc.)
- Logging Request and Response information based on test status
- Avoiding writing repetitive code by using Request/Response specification concepts
- Adding multiple assertions to a single test
- Soft Assertions in Rest Assured
- File Download
- File Upload using multipart method
- Work with real world-examples such as Walmart Search API, PayPal Payment Service
- Use PayPal Web Service to learn different concepts like Authentication using OAuth 2.0, passing of access tokens to different requests, and executing GET,COMPLEX POST requests
- Use OAuth 1.0 authentication with Twitter to create Tweets,read tweets using Rest-Assured
- Authenticating into applications which implement Form Authentication using Spring Security
- Authenticating into applications which implement Form Authentication using Spring Security & CSRF token implementation.
- Sending Soap Requests using Rest-Assured
- Sending requests via Proxy Server
- Parsing HTML Data using JSOUP Library
- Using JSONAssert Library to assert on complete JSON responses
Additional topics will be added to the course in the following weeks.
At the end of this course, you will feel at “Rest” and will be “Assured” to take up API Testing, API Automation and successfully execute it in your organization!
Introduction to the course
Setting up the Student Sample Application
In this lecture, we will learn '
- How to start the Students Sample application.
- How to change the default port number (8080) on which the application starts.