Robot Framework Test Automation – Level 1 ( Selenium )
UPDATED 10/17/2017 to show how to install the older, more stable version of Selenium2Library. Join 6,000+ students!
If you’re planning to use Selenium test automation… start here!
Drowning in an ever-expanding collection of regression test cases? You need to automate them! If you have been too intimidated to learn test automation due to a lack of Selenium programming skills, you’ll be thrilled to discover how easily Robot Framework will allow you to automate your tests.
Robot Framework is a pre-built test automation framework. By comparison… Robot Framework is much easier to learn than Selenium Webdriver (with Java, Python, C#, or PHP) because your scripts are written with English words instead of code.
If you’re already an experienced user of Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, or QTP/UFT, you’ll quickly learn how elegant and capable Robot Framework is compared to those tools.
This 5+ hour video course will:
- Provide an overview of the free, open source Robot Framework test automation tool
- Teach you how to install & configure Robot Framework plus libraries for Selenium, API, database, and more
- Help you create & run your very first Selenium test automation script in just minutes
- Show you exactly how to create a Selenium Webdriver test automation script more easily
- Show you how to make a simple test automation script much more efficient & readable
- Help you discover how variables & page objects can make your test automation scripts more flexible
- Walk you through the basics of testing web (Selenium), API, database, XML, and files tests
There is no faster or more intuitive way to learn Robot Framework and Selenium Webdriver test automation!
The course assumes you know absolutely nothing about test automation, and walks you through each detail of installation & setup to get you heading in the right direction immediately. The crisp, clear, articulate audio will ensure you quickly understand every detail.
Installation Overview & Preconditions
Windows 10 Installation
Creating Your First Script
There are a variety of ways to target which web controls to automate. This lecture will provide a very basic primer for how to locate controls using id, css, and xpath.
Script Running Options
Make the Script More Readable
NOTE: Robot Framework v2.9+ now requires all resource file paths to be RELATIVE. So... any place I use a path to a resource file, you'll need to add ./ or ../ to the beginning of it, depending on how your directory structure is. If you just begin your path with the word "Resources/" like I do, you will get an error about your resource not existing.