Scrum Made Easy: So You Want to Become a Scrum Master
Scrum is the most popular agile framework today for rapid product development.
Yet even today, over 30 years after the scrum framework was created, the demand for competent and skilled Scrum Masters outstrip supply.
Do you have what it takes to become a successful Scrum Master?
This scrum master course will provide you an overview of the agile/scrum framework, the scrum process flow and the skills, qualities and competencies needed by the key player in the game: You, the Scrum Master.
In this course you will learn:
- What Scrum is all about: The scrum framework and the scrum process flow
- The scrum roles: Product Owner, Scrum Master and Development Team
- The scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, The Sprint and Product Backlog Grooming
- The scrum artifacts: The Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Increment, Definition of Done, Burn-down Chart and The Sprint Task-board
- The scrum Rules: Binding together the roles. Events and artifacts of the agile scrum framework.
We then focus on you, the Scrum Master:
- Describing a typical scrum master job description: The person profile, skills, qualities needed by a successful scrum master
- The industry accepted formal scrum master certifications available
- A typical day in the life of a scrum master, the key player in any scrum team
On completion of the course you will have a good understanding of the agile/scrum framework and know the skills and competencies you will need to acquire to become a scrum master and a valuable member of any scrum team.
Introduction to the Course
In this course you will learn what it takes to become a successful Scrum Master
Scrum is a framework for developing products.
Originally developed for building software applications but really it can be used for any kind of rapid product development
By the end of this lecture you will appreciate where the scrum master needs to focus his attention when developing a product using the Agile/Scrum framework
Roles, Events, Artifacts and Rules of the Game
By the end of this lecture you will appreciate the responsibilities of the Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team
By the end of this lecture you will understand the need for scrum events and how they are crucial for transparency, inspection and adaptation
Discipline is needed to apply the scrum rules in a consistent way across an organisation. But without sticking to the rules the deployment will fail
Scrum Master Job Description
By the end of this lecture you will understand the complex nature of the Scum Master role and the need for the very best in communication skills
By the end of this lecture you will appreciate how the scrum master is a servant-leader to the product owner and the development team
A general job description describing Scrum Master’s main tasks as well as a person profile and the skills you will need
Be willing to do whatever is necessary to help the team achieve the sprint goal
The skill-set of a successful scrum master is an extension of his profile
The qualities of a successful scrum master is an extension of his skill-set
The three well known and accepted scrum master certifications
So, many managers are of the opinion that the scrum master role is part-time or that one scrum master can take care of several scrum teams. You decide…