Seven effective ways to maximise Team Performance
If you want to learn about enhancing your team’s performance, then this is the course for you. This course will help team leaders get the best from their team by creating a great working atmosphere, celebrating and learning from success, nipping underperformance in the bud early on, working with people’s strengths and creating common aspirations for the future.
The course involves watching video drama and lectures and also includes:
- Learner notes and exercises for each section to enhance and consolidate learning
- A short quiz at the end to check learning
- Downloadable resources and web link
- Video populated with written captions to emphasise key learning points.
By studying this course, you will learn:
- How to distinguish a team from a group
- About the key characteristics of high-performing teams
- The importance of creating a positive working culture
- The importance of creating a high positivity ratio in your team
- The benefits of focusing on working with people’s strengths to achieve high performance
- How to give quality feedback to enhance performance
- How to create opportunities to share success stories and understand why that is important to developing high performance
- How to keep the team experience lively and interesting
- How to create shared future aspirations to pull the team forward together
- Why it is important to address underperformance, and how to do that
- Seven principles to achieve team performance.
Learning how to get the best from a diverse group of people who need to work together to achieve their goals can be challenging. Team leadership is often a first step on a leadership career. Learn to lead well now and it will be a building block for your career progression. Teams are notorious for failing to deliver to their potential. Don’t let your team be one of them.
Team Leadership is a complex, judgemental, psychological task. I am a chartered organisational psychologist with over 25 years’ experience working with leaders to build teams and improve team performance. I know the theory and have experienced the practice. I have selected the best of both to speed your learning journey in this complex area. By the end of this course, you will be better equipped to create a high-performing team.
Welcome and introduction
Seven steps to building team performance
Summary and quiz
Take this quiz to check your learning from the course