VIM From Novice To Ninja
This course is meant for absolute novice, but I guarantee that once you complete this course you will became a VIM Ninja.
These videos are the result of my first hand experience using VI/VIM for more than 20 years.
As a VIM Ninja, Here’s what you will achieve at the end of this course
- Impress your friends and colleagues with your new found VIM Ninja powers.
- Freedom from mouse, no moving between keyboard and mouse like other text editors. You will be able to do everything keyboard.
- You will easily be able to navigate a file inside vim.
- You will able to open multiple files and edit them simultaneously.
- You will be able to run shell commands from within VIM, without ever leaving the VIM Editor.
- You will be able to completely avoid writing shell scripts for doing complicated search/replace in multiple files. You can do wonders with VIM’s for search and replace that other editor don’t provide.
- You will be able to easily customize VIM environment for your development needs. Customize your vim to achieve more greatness.
- In this video you will first get introduced to VIM.
- You will learn about various modes in vim.
- You will learn everything about how to navigate inside vim, including commands to move around easily inside VIM.
- You will also learn about bookmarks to jump easily around in the file.
- File operations in vim, like open/close/save/quit a file from VIM.
- Editing a file and saving it.
- Delete and replace contents.
- Copy/paste commands
- Named buffers to do multi copy and paste (Most powerful feature of VIM).
- Search and replace.
- Opening and Navigating among various files inside VIM.
- Opening Files in multiple windows and Navigating between multiple windows.
- Preparing vimrc startup script to enhance VIM environment.
- Handling TABS in VIM.
- VIM file formats.
- Installing useful plugins and using them.
- Running shell command inside VIM.
- Compiling and seeing output from within VIM.
- Get the output from SHELL command into your file.
- Analyzing logs.
- Some more cool trick available in VIM.
- Wrap up.